We asked a couple of travelers the best travel bags they look forward to when traveling, some said they wanted travel bags that allow them to pack as many travel essentials as possible while still maintaining simplicity and beauty. The best travel bags for your vacation would depend on several factors addressed in this guide.
There are indeed good memories to be created when on a trip or a vacation but one thing most travelers overlook is the best travel bags that best suit the trip. Your travel bag could be the difference between being weary upon arriving at your location and being pumped to do all that you wanted to do.
The last thing on the mind of most travelers is the thought of being tired, which is mostly caused by the heavy travel bags they packed their travel items into, so in this guide, you will learn about the best travel bags that will give you the best traveling experience.
How to Choose the Best Travel Bags for Vacation
Choosing the best travel bags for vacation depends on several factors that cut across your traveling preference (with load or light), the amount you budgeted for the bag, and the features you expect to see on the bag and the travel essentials that are significant for you.
Here are some of the tips that will help you select the best travel bags from the list we already made in this guide:
- Choose a travel bag from a brand that is known for the durability of its travel bags.
- Which travel bag do you prefer – backpacks, suitcases, or duffel bags?
- Set a budget and stick to it.
- How many wheels do you want the travel bag to have for convenience purposes? Do you prefer two-wheeled or four-wheeled/spinners?
- Ensure that the travel bags you choose has a guarantee that the bag will be in good condition for a certain amount of time.
- Choose a travel bag that suits the type of activities you will likely engage in while on the trip. For example, a versatile bag is best for packing your swimsuits, sneakers, and beach gear.
The 20 Best Travel Bags for Vacation
As the world finally starts adjusting to the post-COVID era, plans are made by travelers to start touring the world again. We want your travel to be smooth and light. So, this guide will cover the best travel bags, from the popular laptop bags to duffle bags and crossbody bags:
This is a 100% nylon duffle travel bag. Despite the lightweight design, the bag is durable, because of its 50-pound weight capacity.
1. Amazon Basics Large Travel Luggage Duffle Bag
Storing your items doesn’t have to be done only with huge travel bags, because you can do something better with the Amazon Basics Large Travel Luggage Duffle Bag. This travel bag comes with a large, rectangular-shaped 6,000-cubic-inch interior that provides the roomy interior you need to store your travel items.
- Comes with both an exterior pocket and zippered exterior pocket for faster access to smaller items.
- It has a durable zipper closure.
- Folds flat.
- The grab handle is well padded.
- The bag is ideal for travel or storage.
- It lacks holes in the zipper for TSA-approved locks.
- The detachable shoulder strap doesn’t have any padding.
2. Samsonite Andante 2 Wheeled Rolling Duffel Bag
Duffel bags have been recreated here. You don’t necessarily need to grab the bag by the handles and move with it. There is a much better way to do it – wheel the bag!
That is what the Samsonite Andante 2 Wheeled Rolling Duffel Bag does for you. The recreation made here allows you to reinterpret the function of the duffel into something that fits into your casual traveling lifestyle.
The bag has a locking pull handle and two smooth-rolling wheels that allow for convenient movement. Still want to stick with the duffle bag carriage you are used to? There are exterior grab handles that provide the means for you to grab the bag from a variety of points.
- It comes with CORNER protectors to guard against wear and tear at critical points.
- The large U-shaped main opening makes packing a breeze.
- The duffels are constructed from a water-resistant dobby polyester.
- Great size for traveling.
- The wheels seem sturdy.
- It doesn’t have duffle-style handles.
- It develops holes after a few months of use.
3. Crossbody Shoulder Waterproof Messenger Bag
This is one of the ideal travel bags for women who want to pack their travel items on a budget. The under $20 price tag is perfect, as you needn’t break a bank to afford it.
Besides, the Crossbody Shoulder Waterproof Messenger Bag is literally made up of pockets. With 7 pocket sizes, rest assured that you will find the compartments that will fit your items. The pocket sizes include but are not limited to 1 internal zipper pocket, 4 side pockets, 1 front pocket, and the main compartment.
- The outside is filled with a “breathing sponge” that prevents the bag from deforming due to frequent squeezing.
- It has double pockets on both sides.
- The adjustable shoulder strap allows you to carry the bag as a crossbody backpack.
- There is enough space for daily necessities.
- The two buckles in the front do get loose.
- The side mesh pockets may not fit a water bottle.
4. Women’s Weekend Travel Bag
Traveling for a weekend is quite different from going on a vacation. Hence, your travel bags will differ.
That is why you need the Women’s Weekend Travel Bag, which is specially designed to contain most of the items you need to have a lovely weekend.
The bag is made of high-density water-resistant material that allows for the convenient separation of dry and wet items. You can always store your wet items in a carry-on compliant bag.
In terms of the carriage, you have nothing to worry about because this travel bag comes with removable shoulder straps so you needn’t carry it on your shoulder at all times.
It is also multipurpose, thanks to the multiple external and internal organizational pockets.
- The color is attractive.
- Features inside dry and wet separation pocket.
- It is big enough to fit everything.
- The inner mesh pockets are very spacious.
- The shoulder straps may get a bit uncomfortable after carrying the bag for a while.
5. Hibag 12-Pack Roll-Up Travel Compression Bags
Do you pack a lot of things when traveling? We guess you do because you have lots of clothes and other items you want to bring with you to the trip.
Carrying huge luggage does not only get you weak but may not fit into the cap of the airplane you will board.
However, you can reduce up to 75% of the original space of your bag by using the Hibag 12-Pack Roll-Up Travel Compression Bags.
These are compression bags designed to save space in your travel bags, without using a vacuum to suck out the air.
The compression bags come in a pack of 12. So, you have more bags to compress or reduce the size of your travel items, irrespective of the number of bags you are traveling with.
- The durable and flexible PA&PE plastic adds to the strength, rip and tear resistance of the bags.
- Dual zipper design that provides the double sealing capability.
- Simply roll the bag from the zipper to the bottom to get rid of air.
- The compression bags prevent your items from specks of dust and moisture.
- The multipurpose design makes the bag ideal for packing your backpack, carry-on, or luggage case.
- Some buyers hoped the bag will not be a combination of sizes.
6. MATEIN Water-Resistant Anti-Theft Travel Backpack
Here is the traditional backpack, but with enhanced features. The MATEIN Water-Resistant Anti-Theft Travel Backpack does not only prevent water from damaging your travel items. It is also equipped with a hidden anti-theft pocket on the back to protect your valuable items from thieves.
There is a dedicated compartment for shoes. One would have thought that this wasn’t possible, but it is. This backpack has one shoe compartment crafted to the bottom of the backpack so you can store your pair of shoes.
The pressure is taken off your back via the comfortable breathable mesh shoulder straps that have lots of sponge pads. These sponge pads are designed to eliminate heat, as well as give you maximum back support, the travel bag that everyone desires.
- Comes with a USB interface with a built-in cable design for charging your electronic devices on the go.
- Made of water-resistant and durable nylon fabric with metal zippers.
- It has a luggage strap that allows the backpack to fit on both suitcase and luggage.
- Features several compartments, including Laptop Compartment, Shoe Compartment, and Organizer Compartment.
- One pair of boots in the shoe compartment might take up half of the backpack’s real estate.
7. Oflamn Weekender Bags
This is the perfect weekender bag for women who are looking to fit in their daily essentials for 4 days’ use. The space in the bag can accommodate clothes, electronic devices, and even shoes!
You can also fit in other items, such as your passport, ID card, and smartphone – thanks to the inner zipper pocket.
It comes with a toiletry bag so you can separate your comb, cosmetics, soap, and hair products during your frequent travels.
- 2-way zipper design for the shoe compartment and main compartment.
- A lot roomier than imagined.
- It is designed to fit into most of the aircraft’s cabin bag requirements.
- Made with skin-imitated artificial leather.
- The carrying strap is a bit off because it doesn’t match the other colors on the bag.
- The cloth pouches inside may tear up rather quickly.
8. Carhartt Legacy 25-Inch Utility Duffle Bag
This is a heavy-duty utility duffle bag that is made up of the main compartment, as well as many other spaces for storing your items. These spaces include 10 interior mesh pockets, two front flap pockets, and a rear pocket. One of the best choice travel bags for many.
The idea for including the two front pockets with flaps is to help you add smaller items that you would want to reach out and take or replace anytime.
The 10 interior mesh pockets provide enough storage room and organization so you can store different items in different places inside the bag.
- The U-shape zippered opening offers easy access to the content of the bag.
- The bag is ideal for carrying clothes for travel, hunting gear, fishing gear, and the essentials you need for a weekend getaway.
- The 10 mesh pockets offer the perfect organization for your travel items.
- The bag is sturdy.
- The fabric is thin.
- It may be a little on the small side.
9. Leather Travel Bag with Shoe Pouch
Not all travel bags have a space for shoes, but this one does. It has a dedicated shoe pouch where you can store your pair of shoes. Worthy of mention is the shoe pocket is made of high-quality waterproof polyester fabric. So, there is no question of wear and tear.
It is also an oversized duffle bag, way larger than most duffle bags. The 52L capacity ensures that you pack as many items as you need for your trip.
Carrying the bag is also easy because, despite the huge weight, it has adjustable shoulder straps that have a comfortable cushion for easy carriage of the bag.
- It can be used for various purposes, including a sports duffel bag, carry-on luggage bag, overnight bag, and military duffel bag.
- Features a zippered pocket on the front for convenient storage of wallets, smartphones, and passports.
- It can accommodate travel items that will last you up to 4 days.
- The bag is lightweight but thick.
- The extra shoe compartment can accommodate a pair of tennis shoes and up to 4 flip flops.
- It comes with well-made handles and strong zippers.
- The color is dark enough to hide the smudges that may occur during travel.
- The leather seems to be rather thin.
- You may find the bag a bit bulky.
10. Rockland Upright Luggage Set
This is the perfect travel bag for experienced travelers who have already mastered the art of packing their travel items in a way that they meet the flight requirements.
The Rockland Upright Luggage Set is designed with clear in-line skate wheels and a stability bar all designed for a smooth ride.
Having a firm grip on the bar is quite easy, thanks to the ergonomic padded top and side grip handles that give you plenty of room to handle the bag.
The luggage set is quite impressive, as this gives you more options to pack your travel essentials.
- It features a push-button with a self-locking internally stored retractable handle system.
- It doubles as a carry-on flight tote bag.
- The bag is manufactured with the very best heavy-duty PVC backing and polyester.
- It is handy for onboard luggage and weekend away.
- The case may be unbalanced when placed on top of the other.
11. Simplehouseware 60-Inch Heavy Duty Garment Bag
Some clothes are best stored or put in garment bags so they don’t rumple by the time you take them out to wear. This gives a unique traveling experience and is often seen as the best travel bag for vacation.
The Simplehouseware 60-Inch Heavy Duty Garment Bag is the ideal garment bag you should invest in for your next trip.
The garment bag is extra long. It is also extra wide. With these features, rest assured that you can store your winter long coats, suits, gowns, tuxedos, and long dresses in the bag. You can even put your shoes in the bag because the extra-wide size allows you to put several items in one bag.
- One eyelet and 2 handles for easy folding and transport of the bag.
- It is made from PEVA material.
- Very long and large to hold several outfits.
- The see-through plastic window makes searching through the storage bag faster.
- The zipper seems durable.
- The sewn-in pockets on the bottom of the bag are great for storing your accessories.
- It’s probably not sturdy enough because of the lightweight design.
- The bag may be a bit long.
12. 55L Foldable Duffle Bag with Shoe Compartment
Are you looking for the best travel bag to pack your shoes and clothes and still have a lot of space left? Try getting the Foldable Duffle Bag with Shoes Compartment.
With a dedicated compartment for shoes, you no longer have to worry about where to store your shoes and flip-flops.
On the other hand, the bag comes with two versatile side straps. These straps come in handy when you find the bag too heavy to carry. You can always call on someone to hold the other strap so both of you can carry the bag.
- It has a compact size that takes up little space.
- The sleeve on the back of the duffle bag comes with an additional adhesion belt that keeps the bag stayed on the suitcase where it is attached.
- It features one spacious main compartment and 7 separate pockets.
- It has a multipurpose design that allows the bag to be used as carry-on luggage, oversize travel bag, military duffle bag, sports gym luggage, and airplane duffle bag.
- Made of honeycomb 600D polyester fabric, with waterproof and tear-resistance.
- It has premium SBS zippers.
- The quality and durable material provide a similar function as a large suitcase.
- The shoe compartment is likely to take up more internal packing space.
- The long zipper tab may stick out sometimes.
13. Eagle Creek Pack-it Specter Cube Set
One of the major causes for concern for travelers is the possibility of their clothes rumpling. For someone conscious about his or her looks, wearing wrinkled clothes may not be a definition of fashion.
Thus, you want to invest in a travel bag that does a great job of preventing your clothes from wrinkling. The Eagle Creek Pack-it Specter Cube Set readily comes to mind with its packing style that accommodates multiple clothes without exposing them to wrinkles.
The set also has a durable and lightweight fabric that takes away the weight from your clothes so you can travel light.
We are pleased with the maximal storage tip of rolling the items you want to include in the bag. This way, you will stash the items in cubes, and have them wrinkle-free by the time you land or arrive at your destination.
- The packing cubes provide you with the option of compartmentalizing your clothing and other travel accessories.
- The zippers are very sturdy.
- The fabric of the bag is extremely durable.
- The cubes are a great way to organize your clothes for a trip.
- They are rather pricey.
- The cubes seem to be more for the organization rather than compression.
14. ZEGUR Suit Carry On Garment Bag for Travel & Business Trips
Going on a business trip and don’t fancy carrying your luggage? Well, you can try traveling light and good with the ZEGUR Suit Carry On Garment Bag for Travel & Business Trips.
One would think that such a compact travel bag wouldn’t be fit for packing clothes, let alone keeping the clothes wrinkle-free, but this bag does more than that. It comes with an interior dual buckle that does not only holds your garments in place but also ensures that the clothes don’t crumple or crease during your travel.
It is designed with unisex in mind. So, both men and women can use the bag to stash away a few pieces of clothing they intend to put on when attending business meetings during their trips.
- It is constructed from the rugged 1800D polyester with an elegantly imprinted full interior lining.
- Includes an exterior pocket to help you get additional space to store your business documents and electronic devices.
- Specially designed to keep clothes clean, neat, and wrinkle-free.
- The bag is EVA foam-padded.
- The bag can fit in easily on a rolling suitcase and most airline’s overhead compartments.
- It may not be the ideal flight carry-on luggage because of the large size.
15. Samsonite Winfield 2 Hardside Luggage with Spinner Wheels
This is the type of travel bag you need when you want to pack a lot of items but without having to bother about how to drag the bag to the airport.
The luggage is equipped with four, multi-directional spinner wheels that allow for effortless mobility. The wheels are also re-engineered for lightweight so you wouldn’t have a hard time moving the luggage.
The luggage also has a unified brushed pattern and custom design on the front and back shells. This goes a long way to hide any scuffs or scratches that might have affected the luggage during your travel. It is one of the best travel bags for every form of vacation.
- It is ideal for long trips.
- The 1.5-inch expansion allows you to pack more items.
- The luggage features polycarbonate construction with sharp molded details.
- The wider pull handle provides an exceptionally comfortable grip on the luggage.
- The TSA-compatible combination lock ensures that your belongings are free of theft.
- The wheels go smoothly.
- The expandable handle is not very strong.
- The handle of the luggage may work best in the horizontal position.
16. REDCAMP Foldable Duffle Bag with Wheels
Here is a duffle travel bag with a difference. It does not only “walk on wheels”, but also has high-density water and is tear-resistant. The resistance is bolstered by the 1680D Oxford and the 210D Polyester materials.
The bag is equipped with heavy-duty wheels. So, you can be confident that the weight of your travel items wouldn’t stop the wheels from moving smoothly. Besides, the wheels are designed with sturdy rubber wheels that allow for maximum durability and smooth mobility. You can also move the bag with ease at the airport and hotels, thanks to the easy gliding of the wheels over muddy, unpaved, and bumpy surfaces.
- It comes with comfortable side carry handles for easy carrying.
- Rest assured that the hook and loop will accommodate smaller and important items, including water bottles.
- It features a large U-shape opening and durable 2-way zippers for easy access to the items on the inside.
- Multifunction travel bag that doubles as storage, camping, and gym bag.
- The padded handle gives you a comfortable grip.
- It may not stand upright or allow you to put another bag on the top.
- The zipper is not very smooth and snags.
Many travelers who have bought the Nomatic Navigator Travel Backpack think it is one of the best travel bags, owing to its “go-anywhere” design that allows you to take it for any trip.
The backpack also has a 32 liter to 41-liter expansion that allows you to pack as many items as you want – including a 17-inch laptop.
Worthy of mention is that it has some of the security features you should expect to see in a travel bag. These security features include the tamper-proof zipper system.
Your comfort was also had in mind when designing in mind. This is evident in the load-bearing harness system and the support with the EVA foam-formed back panel. This way, your back wouldn’t ache unnecessarily because the bag will be comfortable there.
- Built with the 840D Ballistic Nylon and durable water-resistant materials to help you brave any excursion you embark upon.
- Designed with a wide range of features, including external carry straps, tuck away removable waist straps, and roller luggage pass-through.
- The front section of the backpack is designed with mesh and zipper pockets so you can conveniently store your cords, electronic devices, and other small items.
- The shoulder straps are comfortable.
- Every zipper and pocket has a purpose.
- Quite expensive
18. Travelpro Maxlite Lightweight Carry-On Rolling Garment Bag
This could be one of the best travel bags for families that are going on a vacation. The bag is huge enough to accommodate as many items as you want to put into it.
The lay-flat design and the padded straps are in place to ensure that your clothes (including suits and dresses) are wrinkle-free throughout the trip.
You will also like the real estate of the bag, as accentuated by the front flap, roomy interior, and built-in pockets that keep your travel items organized and accessible.
- Features water-resistant dura guard coating and ergonomic.
- The performance ball-bearing wheels reduce wobble and ensure a smooth, easy roll of the bag.
- Made with polyester fabric with stain resistance.
- It fits perfectly as a carry-on.
- Plenty of pockets.
- Doesn’t zip easily through folded tabs.
- The telescopic handle doesn’t adjust to different heights.
19. Begino Travel Bag for Men
Looking for a travel bag that you can use to pack your travel items, go to the gym and pack your sneakers? The Begino Travel Bag for Men does it all!
This travel bag has a wide usage, that includes a fashion travel bag, sneaker bag, gym bag and can as well be transformed into an athletic and boxing bag.
It is also designed with multifunctional pockets that can hold up to 4 pairs of sneakers up to size 12.
- It has 3 adjustable dividers on the inside.
- Made of high-quality and durable polyester material.
- The material of the bag is not only lightweight but breathable and sturdy.
- It is a bit expensive.
20. KXKS Camo Premium Sneaker Bag & Travel Duffle Bag
This travel bag is specially designed for sports enthusiasts and sneak lovers who would want to take a couple of sneakers for a trip.
The 3 robust compartments inside are designed to help you adjust and separate the compartments for your sneakers from that of your clothes.
The bag also doubles as a travel duffle bag. So, you can take advantage of the extra storage space and pockets for extra items inside the bag.
- Adjustable and removable shoulder strap.
- The space inside the bag can fit up to 4 pairs of sneakers.
- The bag is non-staining/bleeding.
- TSA carry-on approved.
- It features adjustable interior dividers.
- It can fit a 15-inch laptop.
The right travel bag makes all the difference because you will pack most of your travel items, and still be able to use the bag as a carry-on on a flight so you can keep an eye on your belongings. From this 20 best travel bags review, significant bag features and demerits have been discussed to help you choose the best travel bags for your next vacation.
What travel bag do you think is best for your next trip? Please let us know in the comment section.