Family Vacations In Florida: 15 Best Spots to Visit
Planning a family vacation in Florida can be a daunting task. With so many different places to choose from, it can be tough to know where to start. Whether you’re looking for a fun-filled beach vacation or want to explore some of the state’s top attractions, we’ve got you covered.
Florida promises fun at its peak for families on vacation. There are Orlando, Miami, Naples, and many other cities beckoning to tourists every year. Vacation destinations are too yummy, you might get confused about where to go to get some fun.
There are activities like snorkeling, Scuba Diving, swimming, and in this sunny city, you get to soak in the sunlight at fancy beaches, or even watch bird rookeries at sunset and shop! Your kids also get to have moments with their favorite movie characters at the theme parks.
In this blog, we’ll provide you with the latest information on the best places to stay, what to see and do, and more. So, whether you’re looking for something relaxing or exciting, we’ve got you covered! We will explore best Family vacation spots in Florida from some shared personal experiences.
Here are the best family vacation spots in Florida:
1. The Universal Orlando Resort
You should shop at the Universal CityWalk, soar over Hogwarts with Harry Potter, swing through city streets with Spider-Man, and conquer the mighty Krakatau volcano and a host of other memorable adventures with your family at the Universal Orlando Resort. Interestingly, there’s on-site accommodation available for a family vacation at the Universal Orlando Resort. Here are varieties of destinations to explore within the Universal Orlando Resort:
- The Universal Studios Florida: Here you become a star in any of your favorite y movies, with the help of an A-list acting crew, ride in Fast and Furious, and even become a heroic transformer by helping other transformers save the day! This can be done with the entire family. And yes, they serve butterbeer! One of the most stunning Universal Studios features to explore is the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- The Universal’s Islands of Adventure: You can’t say no to a cheery ride across the British Country. Get a park-to-park ticket and board the Hogwarts Express also known as the Kings Cross Station to Hogsmeade Station at the Universal’s Islands Adventure. Over here you should explore the enthralling village of Hogsmeade, indulge in Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure and other lined up themed rides, you shouldn’t take out shopping, dining, and other forms of entertainment!
- There’s also the newly opened Jurassic World VelociCoaster, race through the jungle alongside Velociprators, and get pumped by the rush of the hunt. Marvel Superhero Island and Seuss Landing are also here for you to experience. What better way to vacation with family if not by winding your way through the park’s thrills of encounters with dragons, legends, and monsters. You’re here to have fun! And oh, don’t forget your camera at home.
- Universals’ Volcano Bay: This features Universal’ Tapu Tapu wearable technology and offers a relaxing and thrilling journey to an island paradise.
- Universal’s Epic Universe: The latest theme park brought to the pack! This will take you to a new level of theme park entertainment and journey experience. There are other great family vacation destinations in Flordia, keep reading this article for more.
You’re guaranteed to enjoy the best memory during your family vacations in Florida here.
2. Walt Disney World Resort
Popularly known as Disney World, this is the most famous theme park in the world, located at Bay Lake, Florida. Undoubtedly, this is a must-visit destination for a family vacation in Florida. I can’t even think of visiting Florida with the kids without a visit to the magical Disney World, for the happiest and most magical experiences of all time. The good thing here is that all kids of age 3 and below get into the park for free!
A day’s ticket to the theme park with access to its four theme parks and two water parks ranges between $109 and $159 per day. Guests can bring in food to the park but shouldn’t be packed in a glass or with pungent odors. If you can afford it, you should visit DisneySprings to enjoy a shopping spree with family and after this, check into cozy restaurants with the family and have a fill of the park’s fancy dishes prepared by the finest and best chefs in Orlando– Guess what? Entry and parking are free! The four Disney theme parks are:
- Magic Kingdom Park: Living up to its name, the park features magical classic theme park experiences that will transport the adults back to their childhood and thrill the kids as well with its fireworks, Cinderella Castle, and many other thrill-worthy experiences.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Here you get the chance to star as your favorite Disney character with backup casts.
- Epcot: For grownups, and not just the thrill-loving adults but ones who love learning things, observing, and sampling fine foods.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park: The biggest of all the theme parks in Walt Disney World, with day and night attractions. They feature pandora–the world of avatars.
For the Water parks, you have Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park and Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park. There are Disneyland rides for toddlers to keep them thrilled when you’re at this location.
Don’t forget that Disney World isn’t only for the kids but the entire family! Now if you haven’t visited here, this should be your next family vacation destination. Of course, there are 3-star hotel reservations at Disney Resort. If you are looking for fun during your family vacation in Florida, the Walt Disney World result is a must-visit destination for family vacation in Florida. There is so much fun here for the whole family. Utilize these cheap vlogging cameras for travel to keep a good record of all memories during your family vacations in Florida.
Read also: Fun Things to Do in Scottsdale with kids.
Named Naples because its bay was said to be more beautiful than the Bay of Naples in Italy, this beautiful city is a tourist attraction site for its pretty beaches and wildlife refuges. They have shopping districts with lively arts. The city houses the Everglades National Park; a national jewel and attraction site with unique ecosystems that include swamps, sub-tropical jungles, prairies, and the largest mangrove in the Western Hemisphere.
Naples, Florida is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the United States. Whether you’re looking for a laid-back beach town or lively nightlife, Naples has something for everyone. The city is also home to some of the most popular attractions in the country, like Walt Disney World and the Naples Zoo. With all the activities and attractions available, it’s no wonder that tourism is a major industry in Naples.
Naples, Florida is known for its beautiful architecture and stunning beaches. Here are five facts about Naples that you may not know:
- Naples is one of the oldest cities in the United States, and it was once a major center for trade and commerce.
- Naples is home to the world’s second-largest botanical garden, and it is filled with more than 10,000 varieties of plants.
- Naples is known for its delicious pizza, and it has more than 40 different types of pizza restaurants.
- Naples is also known for its famous grapefruit, which is the largest grapefruit in the world.
- Naples is a popular tourist destination, and it is home to many historical sites, including the Venetian Renaissance-style Gomez Mansion and the Castel Nuovo Fortress.
Read also: Top 10 Places to Visit in Europe in Summer
4. The Florida Keys
The Florida Keys is one of the best family vacation spots in Florida for snorkeling, scuba diving, fishing, boating, and a host of other aquatic adventures. The Florida Keys are a long chain of tropical islands stretching about 120 miles, curved around the Florida peninsula, and connected to the mainland by a series of bridges. The islands are categorized into 3 groups; Upper, Middle, and Lower Keys. Every key is grouped under these three keys.
The upper keys have and see most of the tourists and attractions with nightlife and world-class accommodation. Key Largo and Key West are home to the underwater Christ of the Abyss statue and home of author Ernest Hemingway, respectively. The other two keys; the Middle and Lower Keys are quiet and remote.
Explore the beautiful beaches, museums, gardens, Latin culture, and sizzling nightlife of the magical city of Miami with your family. Miami is one of the best Family vacation destinations in Florida, located in South Florida. There’s never a boring time in Miami because there are always varieties of things to do in the city, from a visit to the museum to a stretch out in the sun at the beach, to the party that only starts late at night!
There’s also the Latin culture to get immersed in, beautiful cultures to learn and you should never miss an opportunity to try their mouthwatering dishes with your family! Miami is indeed a blend of modern metropolis and cultural treasure trove. It is one of the best family vacation spots in Florida with a long variety of offerings.
Here are some interesting sites to visit while vacationing in Miami with Family:
- The Vizcaya Museum: Formerly a villa estate owned by James Deering, Vizcaya Museum is now one of the prettiest museums in Miami with its Mediterranean-style architecture, ten acres of gardens, and decorated rooms. The feel here is magical!
- Bayside Marketplace: Shop some souvenirs and antiques from this shopping center.
- Miami Beaches: There are so many beaches to chill and sunbathe with family in Miami. We have the South Beach and North Beach, with each encompassing a variety of beaches, hotels, and first-class restaurants.
There are many other unique features and why Miami is among the best family vacation spots in Florida.
6. Anna Maria Island
Anna Maria Island is a barrier island located in the Gulf of Mexico, off the coast of southwest Florida. The island is about nine miles long and just over one mile wide. It is a popular tourist destination for those seeking a relaxed lifestyle and an escape from the city. The island has a variety of recreation options, including golf, parasailing, fishing, biking, and hiking and is one of the best family vacation spots in Florida.
Get rental bikes or drive the free trolley to explore the enchanting Anna Maria Island with your family. Where’s a better destination to enjoy the classic Florida vibe with family on a vacation if not here? You can visit the stores for your shopping and have a dinner date with your family at the world-class restaurant on the island.
Looking for the perfect family vacation spot in Florida? Tampa is a perfect family vacation spot in Florida, it has wonderful weather, plenty of activities to keep the whole family entertained, and amazing attractions for everyone. Plus, Tampa is a great place to explore – there’s always something new to see for the whole family! Here, you’ll find plenty of attractions and activities to keep the whole family entertained, while also enjoying stunning natural scenery and gracious hospitality.
Places to visit with family in Tampa would be a trip to the quirky Henry B. Museum that was built as a luxury hotel, with your kids. There’s also the African-themed Busch Garden where they can engage in the thrilling experience of rides and views of wild Animals. You shouldn’t leave Tampa without paddling a kayak lush Manatee River with your family, a stroll through the Ybor City neighborhood that was built in the early 20th century by cigar-factory workers from Cuba, and a visit to Tampa Bay History Center. After you’ve had your fill of Tampa Bay, walk into one of the restaurants and grab a meal with your family.
This city lives beyond the name “The World’s Luckiest Fishing Village” which it is known by. With its laid-back beaches and an offer of more than 325 days of sunshine, this city offers more than just fishing to its visitors. There’s a variety of engaging things to do in Destin that makes it a perfect vacation spot for family in Florida, ranging from golf, hiking, biking, snorkeling and swimming in the water, and of course the famous fishing on the deep sea. The accommodation includes standard hotels and luxury rentals with magnificent beach views. Destin is a very underrated vacation destination for its glorious features!
One of the destinations in Destin is Crab Island, famous for its clear waters and ideal for summer visits.
9. Sanibel Island
If you’re looking for a laidback getaway where you can relax and enjoy the sun with your family while in Florida, Sanibel Island is the perfect place! With its long white-sand beaches and crystal-clear waters, this small island doesn’t disappoint. Visitors can explore the numerous shops and boutiques, or rent a bike to explore the surrounding areas. The restaurants here offer some of the best seafood around, and nightlife is always exciting. Whether you’re looking for a quiet beach escape or want to dance the night away, Sanibel Island is definitely worth a visit!
You should visit Sanibel Island with your family to collect as many shells as you can in the beach waters. It’s a fun activity to do with family and pretty much everyone agrees that the Island is the capital of Shell-hunting in America. Are you done with shell-hunting but still have enough time to spend on more activities? You can consider sea kayaking and driving a bike along the beach with your family. Rent a condo on the island to lodge.
10. The Historic St. Augustine
You should make St. Augustine your destination while planning to go on a vacation to Florida with your family. You’d wonder why but here’s the thing, this city is one of the oldest cities in the world and this makes it a tour worthy destination to learn about historic events together with your family. Surprisingly, St Augustine has more to offer than history, there are beaches, fancy restaurants, museums, and parks to explore.
It is even voted one of the most romantic cities in Florida so why not sneak out with your spouse, to have a romantic time during your family vacation. You might even encounter ghosts in one of those haunted hotels and why not?
11. Clearwater Beach
This destination will captivate you with its enchanting waters. The waters are lined with five-star hotels and restaurants serving food by the finest chefs. The waters are shallow and a perfect playground for families to have fun on the vacation. This destination is full of sunshine, calm, and happiness, hoping for some good vibes with your family? Consider Clearwaters Beach then! There’s the Pier60 featuring a 1080 fishing Pier and recreational park. Also available at Clearwater, is the Marine Aquarium.
Read also: places to visit in Kerala.
12. Cocoa Beach
If you’re looking at an affordable destination for your family vacation in Florida then you’d likely want to go to Cocoa Beach. It’s affordable with lots of entertainment with its beautiful beaches, surf breaks, pier, and proximity to the Kennedy Space Center Visitors Complex. It’s a very family-friendly destination and perfect for a quiet family vacation.
Check out these indoor things to do in Atlanta, GA.
13. Fort Lauderdale
Popularly known as the “Venice of America”, this destination offers a variety of activities for vacation with family. There’s the gondola ride to take with family, after all this is the Venice of America, right! Have a riverboat ride at the Jungle Queen and head over to the Museum of Discovery and Science with the kids for edutainment. Sure, there are beaches to chill out and enjoy some sun.
14. Madame Tussauds
If you’re ever in the mood for a thrill, then be sure to check out Madame Tussauds, Florida. This wax museum is a must-visit for fans of all ages, with its array of iconic figures from all walks of life. From movie stars and world leaders to athletes and celebrities, there’s something for everyone at Madame Tussauds.
In addition to its permanent exhibits, the museum regularly features themed exhibits, which are always highly popular. So whether you’re a fan of classic attractions or you’re looking for something new and exciting, make sure to check out Madame Tussauds in Florida! It stands as one of the best family vacation spots in Florida.
Consider these travel bags for toiletries when planning your family vacations in Florida.
15. Panama City Beach
There’s the St. Andrews State Park, a nature preserve and waterfront in this town in northwest Florida for families to enjoy a time of their lives on vacation. Panama City Beach is a waterfront town with parks and beaches perfect for a vacation with family. The turquoise waves are bound to keep your kids intrigued. For souvenirs and meals, you can take a walk down Pier Park to do some shopping with the family.
As you plan your vacation, here are the top 10 tips on how to plan a relaxing vacation, consider these ways to enjoy a vacation and make it special to as to get the most of your family vacation in Florida.
Florida is one of the best options for a family vacation, There is so much to see and do to keep your family entertained. I would assume that you’ve had your pick of the perfect destination for a family vacation in Florida as detailed in this article, and you are set for some soul thrilling adventures with your family. However, you should never forget that you’re headed to the sunlight city and should pack accordingly.
Here are things to consider when packing for family vacation in Florida:
- Pack lightweight wears: Remember it’s a sunny city and so the temperature is often a bit higher than you may be used to, heavy wear might not do it for you and we don’t want any discomfort ruining your vacation right?
- Toys for your kids: Every day might not be a day out. Given that statistics show that 75% of people on vacation rather prefer to relax and enjoy with little energy for tours and adventures, you should consider packing some toys for your kids to play with indoors.
- Never forget to pack good sunscreen! Now that skin shouldn’t get ruined on a vacation right? That sounds like some sad tale and not good for what’s supposed to be fun.
Have the best time of your life in Florida with your family without any reservation!
If you’re a first time traveler, here is a list of travel tips for first time travelers to keep you safe and make the most of your trip while on family vacation in Florida.