Popularly known today as the “Golf Capital of the World”, Palm Springs is a city in Southern California with so many fun things to do with kids. This makes it a perfect destination for a vacation with kids. From golf lessons to camping with kids, there are so many fun things to do in Palm Springs with kids that will be explored in this bog.
The desert in all its glory is a perfect place for an adrenaline-pumping adventure and the enchanting beauty of nature will have you captivated for days and your kids talking about the experience for years. You shouldn’t deny yourself or the kids this opportunity.
There’s so much variety of things to do in Palm Springs with kids, you’d always find amazing things to do with kids at every turn. No, it’s not boring at all; you should only worry about handling all the adventures that will be thrown at your feet.
At Palm Springs, fun is guaranteed and if you’re looking for where to go, the list is endless! Just plan the trip already. Imagine going on a vacation but not knowing how to enjoy it, here is a guide on how to enjoy a relaxing vacation to help you make the most of your family vacation in Palm Springs.
I’ve got you covered with the selected fun activities you could do with your kids at Palms Springs. Here’s a list of fun things to do in Palm Springs with Kids:
1. Golf Lessons and Camping for Kids
If you’re a golf lover or have a golfing family, you’d make Palm Springs your vacation destination to tour with your kids. You get to go golfing with the kids in Palm Springs and your kids get to offer golf courses run by the resorts in palm springs. They also get to attend golf camps alongside the lessons.
Some of the top resorts that offer golf courses and camping experiences to kids include:
- La Quinta Resort & Club: They offer 5 great public courses with a stern test.
- JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa: The resort is home to a full grass 18-hole putting course not just for kids but guests of any age at all. The yummiest is the offer of two 18-hole championship golf courses, which are set among towering mountains and sprawling lakes.
- First Tee of the Coachella Valley in Palm Desert: Suitable for beginner kids with an interest in golf. introductory golf lessons, as well as an on-site driving range and 9-hole par-3 course, are being offered.
- Mission Hills Country Club: Offers a 5-day golf camp at PGA Jr. Camp for kids within the age range of 7 to 13.
2. Go Swimming in the Pools
You are sure to find one of the best kid-friendly luxury pools in the U.S.A at Palm Springs. Take advantage of this opportunity and have your kids get the most of their vacation at Palm Springs. Visit Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa (Rancho Mirage), it has a great number of cool features like a splashtopia, a very large pool complex with water slides, a lazy river, a sand beach for tots, and a pool that features Dive-In-Movies on Weekends.
There are plenty of things to do at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa with kids! From swimming in the fabulous pool to playing games in the arcade, there is sure to be something that your family will enjoy. Plus, there are plenty of activities and attractions that are perfect for the whole family. Here are fun things to do in Palm Springs with kids when you visit Rancho Mirage:
- Some of the fun things that you can enjoy with the kids at Omni Rancho, Palm Springs include horseback riding, golf, fishing, and bird watching. Plus, there are plenty of fun day trips that you can take, such as visiting the local caves, going shopping at the local villages, or touring the famous Teide National Park.
- One of the best things to do with kids in Palm Springs is to take a trip down the lazy river. This gentle ride is perfect for little ones who are hesitant to get wet. Plus, the rushing water and cool breeze will keep them engaged and entertained the entire time.
- If your kids are comfortable with swimming, then check out the infinity pool. This giant pool is perfect for swimming laps or just taking a quick swim. Plus, the swim-up bar makes it easy to get a drink while you’re swimming.
- If you’re looking for something to do indoors with kids, there’s plenty to choose from. The kid’s club offers activities like arts and crafts, video games, and pool tables.
- There’s also the Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa’s HyTides Plunge water park, which features a lazy river with a splash pad with cannons, a set of 30-foot dueling water slides, dumping buckets, and other waterslide facilities for insurmountable entertainment for your kids at Palms Springs.
Check out these family vacation spots in Florida, awesome locations with lots of fun things to do with family.
3. Explore the Living Desert Zoo and Gardens
It is both a zoo and a botanic garden whose focus is educating people on the desert’s creatures and plants and conservation of the world’s desert creatures and plants. Even a zoo snob would be impressed by the captivating creatures and plants on display at the Desert Zoo and Gardens.
There are exotic creatures like giraffes, zebras, and cheetahs as well as animals native to the American Southwest like bobcats, coyotes, and burrowing owls. Try to find and identify them with your kids. The animals are more active when the weather is cool.
Read these Florida family vacation destinations: places to go and fun things to do.
4. Explore the Palm Desert Aquatic Center
At the Desert Aquatic Centre, there’s fun for everyone including the parents and kids of any age range. There’s a zero-depth pool and splash playground for the little kids and tots, waterslides and high dive boards for your bigger kids.
There is so much to do with kids in Palm Desert whenever you visit Palm Springs. Here are a few suggestions:
- Go swimming! Palm Desert Aquatic Center has a wide variety of pools that are perfect for all ages and abilities, and Palm Springs has a beautiful, sprawling pool that is perfect for summer baptisms.
- Play mini-golf! There are plenty of courses to choose from in both Palm Desert and Palm Springs, and they’re all kid-friendly.
- Go on a nature hike! Palm Desert Aquatic Center has a great nature trail that is perfect for families, and the Palm Springs Botanic Garden has a huge variety of plants and flowers that are perfect for exploring.
- Have a picnic! There are plenty of spots around both Palm Desert and Palm Springs to have a picnic, and both parks have great facilities for hosting events.
- Relax! Sunbathe and relax in the sun deck or take a dip in the whirlpool.
5. Play Arcade Games and Miniature Golf
Your kids should want to check out the largest arcade in California, head right away to the 12,000-square-foot JW Entertainment Center at the JW Marriott Palm Desert Resort. They’d have a swell time playing classics like PacMan, Skee Ball, Air Hockey, and new games including high-tech simulators, motocross racing games, four lanes of duckling bowling and so many more. At Boomers, your kids will go gaga over the three 18-hole miniature golf courses, bumper boats, a rock-climbing wall, and a wide array of video games at the enthralling theme park.
If you’ve ever considered Disneyland rides, here are Disneyland rides for toddlers that promise to keep your kids entertained.
6. Shop at Palm Springs Outlet Malls
Stop by Cabazon Outlets and make your kids shop in stores from renowned brand names at their outlets in Palm Springs. At Cabazon Outlets there are stores like Adidas Outlet, Guess, and Sunglass Hut. There are also the Desert Hills Premium Outlets where you’ll find shops like Levi’s Lululemon, Carter’s, and American Eagle.
Read also: 20 Fun Things To Do In Scottsdale With Kids
7. Tour the Palm Canyon Drive
Lined with enchanting palm trees is the Palm Canyon Drive in the city, graced with shops and restaurants of all sorts. Explore the gift shops and the restaurants and what they have to offer. Have your kids explore items like children’s apparel, Crystal Fantasy’s array of gems, and jewelry, your kids could also look for stars of yesteryears featured along the Palm Springs Walk of Stars on the drive or delve into the culture with a Palm Springs: Legends and Icons Tour. This location promises a variety of fun things to do in Palm Spring with kids.
8. Mount the Cabazon Dinosaurs
Out of nowhere, massive dinosaurs are perched in the middle of the deserts at Cabazon, just a 20-minute drive from Palms Springs. This shocking discovery is fun on its own. The dinosaurs are built from the scenes from Pee Wee’s Big Adventure. There’s an enclosed portion of the Park where you can pay to have your kids get access to climb the 65-foot-tall faux Tyrannosaurus rex named Mr. Rex right into the Dinosaurs’ mouths or you can just decide to stick to a selfie with the creatures. If you’re looking for fun things to do in Palm Spring with kids, consider visiting the Cabazon Dinosaurs.
9. Hiking at Joshua Tree National Park
Oh yes! Even your youngest kid that can move about can hike the Skull Rock Trails of the Joshua Tree Park. Of course, you have the Joshua trees, standing tall and elegant with their outstretched arms and spiky leaves. There are also tasks for kids between the age range of 5-13 to perform and earn their ranger badges after the tasks, the Junior Ranger Handbook at the Visitors Center is there to guide you through. The park is just a few distances from Palm Springs and well worth the one-hour trip.
Read also: 15 Fun Things To Do In New Orleans With Kids
10. Taste the Date Shakes
You or your kids may not like dates in their original form but I bet you, a date shake, would be an ideal drink to chill out after the tour of the city of Palm Springs. Mixed with yummy ice creams, bananas, or other flavors or creams, your kids would dig this sumptuous offer of a drink and will talk about it endlessly even after the trip has ended. So you should go over to Nature Health Food & Café in Palm Springs for your banana date shake or stop at Shields Date Garden in Indio, the most iconic date spot for your date shakes or even date-infused candies, cookies, bread, coffee, and whatever you can think of.
11. Take a look at the Palm Springs Windmills
It would intrigue your kids to watch the self-driving wind turbine containing more than 4,000 separate windmills that provide enough electricity to power Palm Springs and the entire Coachella Valley.
You don’t even need to go directly to the area to have a look, a drive through San Gorgonio Pass is enough to have a view of the spectacular site. However, if you want more, For $49 per car, which would carry about 5 people, you can take a tour and get to learn about how windmills work, how they produce the energy that produces electricity, and the reason they have them as many as they are.
12. Visit the Palm Springs Air Museum
This activity is for the older kids. Let them learn about World War II; the deadliest war that changed America’s history. The kids get to learn a wealth of airplane trivia and have a view of the largest collection of flyable WWII planes. With so much enthusiasm, the volunteers tell the stories behind each plane, for example, the plane that was flown by Ben Affleck’s character in “Pearl Harbor.” There are also vintage cars, flight simulators amongst so many other things, and of course an onsite cafe.
13. Fly Above The Desert on Palm Springs Aerial Tramway
To have a perfect view of the picturesque landscape of the Coachella Valley, round up the kids and take a cable cab and soar from the desert valley to the Santa Rosa and the San Jacinto Mountains, where the cab will rotate to give you and the kids a 360-degree view of the enchanting valley from the top of the mountains, giving your kids a thrilling experience. The temperature up there is about 30 degrees cooler and offers relief from the desert heat.
14. Visit the Indian Canyons
This is the ancestral home of the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians and sacred to the people. It is best valued by scientists and nature lovers. Best used from October to March, hike or walk through the canyon trail with your kids to learn about the history and savor the feel of nature. Sit back at the arbor to enjoy beautiful stories, cultural displays, and dances with your kids alongside other tourists.
Read also: 25 Fun Things To Do In New Orleans With Family
15. Scour the Children’s Discovery Museum of the Desert
There’s a museum at Palm Springs dedicated to children’s learning and entertainment. It is also a place for you as an adult to set your inner child loose. There’s so much to do here; exhibits grouped by themes like science, arts, physical activities, and so many others as well as many other fun activities are available to peak your kid’s curiosity or even yours and keep everyone entertained to the end.
The features of the Children’s Discovery Museum include:
- A miniature rock-climbing area.
- A magnetic sculptor wall
- An interactive station where kids can make their animations.
- A family center.
- A rope maze.
- Archeological digging.
- Make-it-and-take-it-apart projects, and a list of so many others.
These activities help the kids to Discover themselves, the art of expression, and the world around them while still getting entertained.
16. Stop by the Fisherman’s Market and Grill
For perfect dishes that will fascinate your kids, this infamous restaurant is your stop. Fisherman’s Market & Grill features different indoor and outdoor dining areas aesthetically pleasing to kids. Y’all will feel as if you stepped onto the set of Pirates of the Caribbean with the decor of the restaurant. You can take a look at some of the best Caribbean Islands for couples when planning your honeymoon.
17. Enjoy Street Fair at Palm Springs
The streets are bustled with a series of displays and entertaining shows and fairs every Thursday night from 6 pm -11 pm in Palm Springs. The fair features crafts, foods, horse-drawn carriages, candies, and live music. Shops and restaurants stay running late at night. And oh yes, it’s free! You don’t need to pay any money to join in the fun with your kids.
There’s never a dull moment when it comes to the Street Fair at Palm Springs, and that includes things to do with kids in Palm Spring! Here are a few of our favorite activities:
- Visit the food court for some classic fair fare or try some of the new and innovative food options on offer.
- Grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants on site, or take a walk down the lush green gardens.
- Test your skills at one of the many carnival games, or take a ride on one of the many rides.
- Visit the art galleries, take a look at the beautiful sculptures, or find something special at one of the vendor stands.
- Watch a movie under the stars at one of the cinema tents, or catch a performance by one of the many street performers.
There’s always something fun and exciting happening at the Street Fair at Palm Springs, so don’t wait – come and join in on the fun!
18. Check out Sunnylands Centre and Gardens
A lot of activities to do with kids in Palm Springs are quite pricey, the entry tickets to places, golf courses, camping, rides, shopping, and meals. SunnyLands Center & Gardens offer you a time with your kids, to have some fun and enjoy nature without any fee at all. It hosts a variety of activities and entertainment all year round with access to your teams free of charge. You should consider visiting here if you’re on a low-budget vacation with kids.
There are plenty of things to do at Sunnylands Centre and Gardens, Palm Springs with kids! Here are a few ideas:
- Visit the petting zoo, play in the playground, or take a trip down the water slide.
- Visit the gardens for a stroll or a picnic in the sun.
- Check out the interactive exhibits and see how science and art come together.
- Watch a show in the theatre or take a ride on the carousel.
- If you’re looking for something more active, head to the gym or the mini golf course.
Taking a holiday at Palm Springs is promising, there are so many fun things to do with kids to keep them entertained and happy, there is always something for everyone. Visit here for fun things to do in Palm Spring with kids on low budget.
19. Horse Ride along the Trails of Smoke Tree Stables
Your kids must have heard that there are horses at Palm Springs and hope to hop on one, get them to do this at the Smoke Tree Stables. The stable offers a one-hour ride along breathtaking trails lined with beautiful palm oases and your guides to aid. There are also custom-designed group packages that can include western cookouts. Horse ride is one of the most fun things to do with kids in Palm Spring, The adrenaline rush activities are exciting, something you don’t ever want to miss!
20. Attend Rock Climbing Classes
This is exciting if you ask me. Since kids love to climb, they are natural climbers, why not take them for climbing lessons? Yes, there’s a place for that at Palm Springs. Make your kids enroll at the indoor climbing gym, Desert Rock, for classes designed to build technique, strength, and flexibility through fun, games, and social play.
It’s exciting even to the imagination, having your kids get some golf lessons and even play miniature golf and arcade games. Not even forgetting the climbing classes! There are so many things to do with kids in Palm Springs; adrenaline rush and many other exciting activities for the kids and the entire family.
Palm Springs sure lives above the tag “Golf Capital of the World”, and so isn’t limited to just golf-loving families. Any family keen on adventures should consider Palm Springs as there are varieties of things to do here, just as far as your budget can handle, from the shopping to the meals, tours, hiking, and so many others. The thrills that only this city can offer beckons and you should oblige! If you’re looking for fun things to do in Palm Springs with kids, save this list for your travel.
Planning a relaxing vacation can be a daunting task, here are the top tips on how to plan a relaxing vacation for family.
Read also: 10 Cool And Unique Indoor Things To Do In Atlanta, GA
Other Frequently Asked Questions About Things to do in Palm Springs with kids
Is Palm Springs child friendly?
Palm Springs is definitely a child-friendly destination! The city is home to plenty of family-friendly attractions, places to eat, and activities that are perfect for the whole family. Some of the most popular attractions for children include The Gardens of Palm Springs, The Elks Lodge Children’s Library, and the Palm Springs Art Museum.
There are also plenty of places to stay that are perfect for families. Some of our favorites include The Ritz-Carlton Palm Springs, the Hyatt Regency Palm Springs, and the Waldorf Astoria Palm Springs. In addition to all of these great options, Palm Springs also offers plenty of activities that are perfect for children, including golf, horseback riding, and mountain biking. If you are looking for a fun and relaxing getaway for the family, Palm Springs is definitely a destination worth considering!
Is Palm Springs a good place for families?
Palm Springs is definitely a great place for families! The city has a variety of attractions and activities that are perfect for all ages, and the weather is always perfect. There are plenty of places to eat, and the nightlife is top-notch. Plus, with the numerous schools in the area, and a lot of fun things to do in Palm Springs with kids, families can find the right one for their children.
In addition to all of this, Palm Springs is a great place to raise a family. The city has a low crime rate, and the community is supportive and friendly. Plus, Palm Springs is known for its mild climate, which is perfect for raising a family. Families can enjoy plenty of outdoor activities like hiking and biking, while still having access to indoor activities like museums and theme parks. Finally, Palm Springs is a great place to raise a family because it has all the amenities that families need.
What is there to do in Palm Springs in the winter?
Winter in Palm Springs can be a very enjoyable experience. There are plenty of activities and events to keep you entertained, and the weather is usually mild and comfortable. Here are a few of the top activities and events to keep you busy:
- Ice Skating: Palm Springs is home to some of the best ice rinks in the country, and you don’t have to travel too far to enjoy them. Ice skating is a great way to get your body moving and make some new friends.
- Snowboarding: If you’re a fan of skiing or snowboarding, Palm Springs is the place to be. There are plenty of slopes for all levels of skiers and snowboarders, and the scenery is beautiful no matter what time of year it is.
- Skiing: If skiing’s not your thing, there are also a number of resorts that offer snowboarding, including Mount San Jacinto, Big Bear Mountain Resort, and Snow Valley Resort.
There are also a number of special events taking place throughout the winter, including the Yuletide Celebration at the Desert Classic Polo Club, the SantaCon Palm Springs, and the Palm Springs Winter Wine & Jazz Festival. Whether you are looking to explore Palm Springs on your own or join a group tour, there is sure to be something for you to enjoy in the winter months in Palm Springs!