If you are wondering how to renew Nigerian passport in USA, it is actually very easy and won’t stress you too much to process and get your passport. This guide will give you the necessary information on what you need in order to renew your Nigerian passport in USA – the requirements and step to step process involved in getting your passport without much ado from any state in the USA.
You should note that you can apply for a Nigerian passport renewal from anywhere in the USA through the official portal of the Nigerian Immigration Service online before you proceed to any Nigerian embassy close to you to have your thumbprint and e-passport photograph taken to further complete the whole process and get your passport. However, this doesn’t just happen like that, as much as it is easy to process and get your passport, it also requires a systemic approach to the entire process, in that you move from one stage to the other before you finally conclude the process and get your passport ready.
Here are some of the things to note about how to renew Nigerian Passport in USA:
- You will apply online on the official website of the Nigerian Immigration Service.
- Certain documents will be required to apply for your passport renewal.
- A fee will be charged for the application.
- A passport photograph of you will be required.
- Your fingerprint will be required.
- All the information used on your documents for the application must correspond with each other.
- Actually, Nigerian passports are reissued rather than renewed. This means that you will receive a new passport booklet.
How to Renew Nigerian Passport in USA
This is the appropriate and simple procedure to follow in order to apply for your Nigerian passport anywhere in the USA:
- Click on the Nigerian Immigration Service portal.
- The link will direct you to the website, click on the passport page on the website.
- Click on ‘applying from outside Nigeria’.
- Choose the passport renewal option, and The following materials and documentation must be presented in order to submit your passport renewal application: select the passport type and country.
- Follow the guidelines on the portal and begin your application process.
- Proceed to the Nigerian Embassy closest to you to further and then complete your application process and get your passport.
Requirements for Passport Renewal in USA
The following materials and documentation must be presented in order to submit your passport renewal application:
- Your physical presence at the embassy.
- A credit card for application payments. (The credit card must bear the same name as the rest of the documents).
- Two Nigerian passport-sized photographs.
- Your expired Nigerian Passport.
- A copy of your application form.
- Online acknowledgment slips.
- Payment receipts.
- Copy of the data page from your passport
- Proof of Nigerian Citizenship.
- USA entry permit.
- An official self-addressed, stamped envelope ( for the USA, from USPS, UPS, or FedEx).
- Along with a photocopy of their passport data page, minors (those under 18) must also provide a birth certificate and a letter from their parents granting permission. And must go along to the embassy for physical embarrassment.
- For physical verification at the embassy, Nigerians who were born and raised abroad must be present and provide a photocopy of the data page from their parents’ passports as well as their birth certificate.
Frequently Asked Questions About Nigerian Passport Renewal in USA
Here are some frequently asked questions and their respective responses regarding how to renew a Nigerian passport in the USA.
Can I Renew My Nigerian Passport in USA Online?
You can renew your Nigerian passport online from any location in the USA. Simply log into the official Nigerian Immigration Service website and follow the instructions to apply for your passport renewal, depending on where you live. It’s not at all stressful. To have your documents and biometrics physically verified, proceed to the nearest embassy.
How Long Does It Take to Renew Nigerian Passport in USA 2022?
The minimum period for the issuing of your renewed Nigerian passport would be three (3) weeks if you have produced the required documentation and completed all physical verifications. Your passport renewal will take three (3) weeks to arrive. However, if you are applying for a passport for the first time, it will take six (6) weeks to receive your passport.
How Do I Book Nigerian Passport Renewal Interview in USA?
You cannot just show up for an interview at the Nigerian consulate or embassy without making an appointment. You must request an appointment at the consulate or embassy in order to schedule a Nigerian passport renewal interview. Adhere to time and bring the necessary documentation for the interview and verification.
How Much Does it Cost to Renew Nigerian Passport in USA?
The cost of renewing a Nigerian passport varies depending on age and the number of pages of the passport. Whatever the case, I will suggest you opt for the 64-page passport to the 32, regardless of the differences in fees. Here is how much passport renewal costs in USA in 2022:
Minor (age 0-17 years): $77.00 and $137.00 for 32 and 64 pages respectively.
Adult (age 18-9 years): $106.00 and $137.00 for 32 and 4 pages respectively.
Senior (age 50 and above): $77.00 and $137.00 for 32 and 64 pages respectively.
What Are the Requirements to Renew My Nigerian Passport in USA?
The requirements to renew your Nigerian passport in USA include:
- Online application on the Nigerian Immigration service portal
- Two passport photographs (can be taken with your phone).
- Marching details on all documents including credit card used for payment for the application form.
- An application/passport fee.
- Required documents like birth certificates and consent letters from parents (for minors), entry and residence permits, application forms, receipt of payment, copies of pages of your passport, copies of the data page from your passport, proof of Nigerian citizenship, and online acknowledgment forms for verification.
- Biometrics verification.
- Physical verification at the embassy.
- An official self-addressed, stamped envelope.
It is simple and doesn’t take a long time to renew a Nigerian passport in America, albeit it doesn’t come with an immediate issuance. The simplest procedure for renewing your passport from anywhere in America is described in this guide. The application and renewal processes will go extremely well if you adhere to the tips in this article.
This manual is merely a starting point and a source of more information on the topic of renewing your Nigerian passport; nevertheless, before submitting your application, you must read all the instructions provided on the immigration portal and abide by all requirements. Some of these recommendations may change, as indicated on the website or by the embassy. But by following these straightforward procedures, you are already on your way to having your visa renewed.
Check out these Top 20 Visa Free Countries for Nigerians – 2022 Guide