Pepper soup is one of the most thrilling dishes for many, when made with goat meat, it becomes extremely special, this is why many want to learn how to cook goat meat pepper soup.
Learning how to cook goat meat pepper soup gives a special kind of feeling and motivation. For many goat meat pepper soup is life, coupled with its many health benefits, goat meat pepper soup whether it is made from fresh fish, dried fish, goat meat, chicken, intestines etc is a special delicacy. This is why everyone want to learn how to cook goat meat pepper soup.
Goat meat pepper soup can be enjoyed with rice, drinks and in many other ways, for many it is the most consumed type of food on dates and other outings and has many health benefits.
Health Benefits of Pepper Soup
Goat meat pepper soup is a popular choice for many Nigerian families, especially on outings. It is particularly loved due to its thrilling effects and immediate rejuvenation of energy. Here is the list of all health benefits of goat meat pepper soup:
- It is very common with breastfeeding mothers especially when it is made with UYAYAK as it helps in postpartum contraction.
- Pepper Soup greatly boosts the immune system due to its rich essential oils and is regarded as an antioxidant and antibacterial agent.
- Pepper Soup aids digestion and hydration of the body as it naturally increases once desire for water and thus, greater water intake.
- Some of the nutrients contained in pepper soup have been associated with weight loss, and relief from nasal congestion, cough, and other respiratory diseases.
List of Ingredients for Goat Meat Pepper Soup
Before you start practicing how to cook goat meat pepper soup, there are several ingredients that has to be in place, the following is the list of ingredients for cooking goat meat pepper soup:
2. Scent leaves
3. Fresh pepper
7. Goat meat
8. Goat intestines/Towel
9. Nutmeg (optional)
10. Uyayak – Akwa Ibom name (Tetrapleura Fruit) (optional – preferably for breastfeeding mums)
11. Ginger (optional)
12. Garlic (optional – mainly for its medicinal value)
How to Cook Goat Meat Pepper Soup
Cooking pepper soup is easy and particularly difficult if you have no idea about what to do and how to get it right, here is a step by step guide on how you can cook goat meat pepper soup including chicken pepper soup, etc.
1. Boil water separately to wash your goat meat intestines especially the towel and remove all dirt that will dissolve after soaking in the hot water for 10 minutes or more, this will help remove some intestine-like odour from it.
2. Wash your goat meat thoroughly and add to your pot, add the thoroughly washed intestines too.
3. Wash your onions, and pepper, enough quantity for your meat and blend separately. This may differ greatly among individuals with different pepper consumption levels. To get the best taste, ensure your onions and pepper are well blended as this gives them greater surface area for a better extraction.
4. Add your meat and intestines to your pot that is ready to cook, light your gas and allow to boil before adding anything.
5. Add your well blended onions and pepper to the boiling pot to allow to boil before adding seasonings and salt.
6. Add your preferred seasonings and salt to taste. Carefully observe to avoid salty food.
7. If you use ginger, garlic or any other ingredients as may be required by your body, blend and add to the already boiling mixture.
8. Add little water to the sauce and cook until your meat is soft (timing differs greatly depending on the tenderness of the meat).
9. When your meat is soft enough and well cooked, cut your well-washed scent leaves and add to the mixture – do not turn the pepper soup into vegetable soup with scent leaves. Just a little quantity as shown in the images below.
10. Cook for 3-6 minutes and your delicious, fresh and thrilling goat meat pepper soup is ready.
Eat with rice, beer, wines or as may be desired.
Goat meat pepper soup is delicious and the best choice for many, watch the video below to see how to cook goat meat pepper soup using a similar style.
Would you like to read other interesting topics?